Tartines with roasted tomatoes & mint pesto
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy
Servings: Makes 4
- 8 medium-sized vine-ripened tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 thick slices wholemeal bread
- 1 garlic clove, left whole
- 25g pine nuts, toasted
- small bunch mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g ricotta
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the tomato halves in a roasting tin in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and roast for 20 mins. Set aside.
- Toast the bread, then rub with the garlic – save the clove for the pesto. Brush a bit more oil over the bread and put on 4 plates.
- Using a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, remaining oil and vinegar. Thickly spread the ricotta on the bread, then top with the roasted tomatoes and some mint pesto. Serve with a salad, if you like.